West County Landscapes is looking for a Garden Maintenance Team Leader to join our team. We are based in Wakefield and have over 30 years’ experience in garden maintenance and landscaping across West Yorkshire and some areas of Greater Manchester. The role would suit an experienced gardener looking to develop their career and the opportunity to lead a team of 2-6 gardeners.
- Full time position to start immediately
- Salary £20,000 to £25,000 depending on experience
- Uniform provided
- Specialised training available
- Manage the day to day operations of a team of 2-6 staff
- Cutting and maintaining lawns to a variety of finishes using different machines.
- Cutting and maintaining hedges
- Maintenance of shrub and herbaceous borders including weeding, hoeing, planting and pruning
- Leaf-clearing and litter-picking
- Chemical spraying and application of fertilisers
- Arboricultural work
- Frost gritting including out of hours work
- Full UK Driving licence
- All candidates must have their own means to get to the Wakefield office.
- Knowledge of Plants and lawncare
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to cope with seasonal pressures of the job
- PA1/PA6 Pesticide Application Spray Certificates
- CS30/CS32 Chainsaw Operation Certificates
- Experience of leading a team
To apply for the role please submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org