Who are We?
John Andrew Franklin
- Andrew established the business and has over 35 years of garden and landscaping experience. He studied for a National Certificate in Horticulture at Askham Bryan College in York and his experience includes: commercial landscaping, forestry, commercial tree and shrub growing plus a wide range of knowledge of plants and horticulture.
- As the Managing Director of West County Landscapes Ltd he is responsible for the overall running of the company, health and safety, staff recruitment, accounting, advertising and the assessment and estimation of all new jobs. Andrew still works as a full-time gardener which helps to provide the ongoing training of staff and ensure our high standards are maintained.
Daniel John Franklin
- Daniel has worked in the business for ten years and is the Head of our arboricultural department. He specialises in all areas of tree surgery and also works full time running his own team of gardeners.
- Daniel’s tree surgery qualifications include City and Guilds courses:
- Level 2 Cross Cutting (CS30)
- Fell and Process Trees (CS31)
- Level 2 Tree Climbing and Rescue (CS38)
- Level 3 in Aerial Cutting of Trees using Free Fall Techniques (CS39)
From the moment we start work on your garden, we will deliver and constantly maintain your garden to the highest detail for the work that has been priced and tailored to your needs. To replace or renew any structural paving or planting, to give your garden a new lease of life or just to get it back to the way it was.
A special note to thank all our existing customers, especially those who have been with us since 1993 as the business has grown and developed to where it is today.
All our staff are smart, friendly and have a uniform and are well equipped with the newest and best tools and Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) e.g. work clothes, overalls, waterproofs, helmets with visors, ear protection. Also separately, Optime II ear protectors, eye protection, gloves, anti slash arm protectors, boots, wellies with toe caps.